What a weekend! I'm exhausted and hungover. This was a surprise superspecial weekend. Here are some bullet highlights.
* went to my first bar mitzvah which was actually a b'nai mitviot which is a bar mitzvah but for twins.
* worked for awesome new neighbor
at said event
* went to chelsea lighthouse
for the first time. the room was gorgeous
* went to friend's birthday party at the official NYC Green Bay Packer bar, Kettle of Fish
* finally met Shane from Vice and gushed about how much I love VBS
* met Cindy from Libertine
(genius clothing label)
* got chatted up by a young African ER doctor (who was trying to hide the fact that he had a girlfriend, shame!)
* hung out and picked the brains of the head designers of Marc Jacobs
i met your friend bobby but i didn't realize in time to mention it to him. i was talking to emily mostly
* went to Sway and hung out and danced with a group of people that included frikkin Mike Meyers
* ended up leaving Sway and discovering someone else's keys in my bag on way to Max Fish. it turns out they are the keys of hot-max-fish-bartender-I-have-a-crush-on there. he comes racing in from sway after an hour of fruitless key-searching and hugs me and kisses me and gives me an IOU for future free imbibing.
* discussed possibility of creating creative think tank with some friends. i have a file stuffed full of ideas but i never fathomed that anyone would ever just be like "hey, let's all sit down and bat around ideas." even though it was late night party drunken talk, i'm excited. i will do what i can to try to make it pan out.
Pictures to come.
In other news, I've decided to tear the house down and rebuild. In April I am going on a diet to try and lose 15-20 pounds and then build muscle back up from there. I've never done a proper diet so this is gonna be interesting. I'm gonna shop around for the least drastic thing which will probably just be disciplined calorie counting. I already have the gym routine down (5 days a week) and I've taken it upon myself to get to the pool at least two times a week since I can't stand those cardio machines and I am really enjoying going into the water. My swim teacher told me that I have the potential to be a really great swimmer. I know pretty much anyone with arms has this potential, but for some reason the fact that he took the time to pull me aside and tell me personally was a good motivator. I'll keep you posted as to the progress. UPDATE (3/20/07) I think I changed my mind. I don't believe in diets. I don't believe I'd succeed at one. :(